Note: These instructions replace those in the loom assembly manual.
For each beam, you will use:
1X long piece of Texsolv cord
1X 1/4″ dowel
1X apron bar
- Install one cord on each beam as follows:
- Insert an end of the 1/4″ dowel through the first full loop from the end of the Texsolv cord (Figure 1).
- Thread the free end of the cord through the outermost hole on one end of the warp beam—an unbent paper clip will help here. Pull the cord through the hole until the cord and the dowel are snug against the warp beam (Figure 2).
- Pass the cord around the apron bar, leaving about 30″ between the warp beam and the apron bar.
- Bring the cord back to the warp beam and insert it in the return direction through the next hole in the beam. Loop the cord around the dowel and thread it back through the same hole. Continue threading the cord around the apron rod and through the beam in this manner until you reach the end of the beam.
- Thread the cord into the last hole on the beam and insert the other end of the 1/4″ dowel into the second loop from the end of the cord.