Schacht created its Standard Floor Loom in 1978. It’s come in various sizes and different wood varieties over the years (see below). Currently, it’s available in 36″ and 45″ weaving widths, in 8-shaft and 4 Now-4 Later options.
Standard Floor Looms are made of maple. Occasionally, we still offer them in cherry. Accessories for the current sizes of 36″ and 45″ are available in maple and cherry.
Options and accessories available for current Standard Floor Looms:
- Standard Floor Loom Trap—a handy holder for shuttles and small weaving tools
- Raddle—for back-to-front warping
- Double Back Beam—add a second warp beam and back beam for supplementary warps
- Sectional Beam—for sectional warping
- 4-Later Kits for 4 Now-4 Later looms
- Standard Floor Loom in oak
- 42″ weaving width
- 4-shaft looms
- low castle, any size