The responsibilities of the Manufacturing Planner include the following:
- Schedule daily operations of production and assembly.
- Schedule parts production and building of final products to ensure smooth flow of product being shipped.
- Communicate daily with Assembly Supervisor, Shipping Manager, Production Supervisor, and CNC Supervisor to identify product needs
- Work with Assembly and Production supervisors to document time studies and capture actual labor times.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss product needs and delays.
- Maintain weekly and monthly metrics
- Inventory management:
- Input completed parts and products 3 – 4 times a day
- End-of-year inventory, including milled and unmilled lumber, pre-milled blanks, and parts on the production floor
- Create, document, and update processes as necessary.
- Manage opportunities for improvement that interfere with meeting production goals.
- Develop production needs and assist in the creation of deadlines for new product launches and product design changes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Ability to follow production, health, and safety protocols
- Expert use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, and
- Expert ability in organizing digital files and records.
Helpful but not required:
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.