- burgundy, eggplant, and indigo: 1 cone (600 yds) of Gist Yarn’s Duet Cotton Linen in Marble, 50 yards (each) of Gist Yarn’s Array wool in burgundy 1, eggplant 3, and indigo 2
- meadow, ocean, and indigo: 1 cone (600 yds) of Gist Yarn’s Duet Cotton Linen in Marble, 50 yards (each) of Gist Yarn’s Array wool in meadow 2, ocean 2, and indigo 2
Kit accompanies the course Floor Loom Weaving: Inlay Pillows (sold separately).
Learn all about weaving with inlay and make a set of pillows along the way. Together, we will explore three different types of inlay: plain weave inlay, Theo Moorman inlay, and a patterned inlay. Learn to warp with two warp chains, then jump into weaving with these techniques. This course will open a whole new world of ideas!
What You'll Learn
- Warping: For this project, we have two separate warps. You'll learn the steps to winding and warping with two warps.
- Weaving: You'll learn three new inlay techniques that will spark your creativity. Truly, anything is possible after you get a solid foundation from this course.
- Assembly: By the end of the course, you'll have two finished pillows that will make a great addition to your home.
What You'll Need
- 150 yards of Gist Yarn Array Wool Weaving Yarn in 3 colors (included in kit—50 yards each for inlay weft)
- 540 yards of Gist Yarn Duet Cotton/Linen Weaving Yarn in Anchor or Marble (included in kit—400 yards for base warp and 140 yards for base weft)
- 200 yards of Coats and Clark Dual Duty Thread or similar sewing thread in a color close to the base warp, for tie-down warp
- two 16" x 16" pieces of cotton fabric (similarly colored to your Duet yarn) for the pillow backs
- two 14" x 14" pillow forms
- 8 shaft loom with at least a 15" weaving width
- 8 dent reed
- warping board, mill, or pegs
- boat shuttle and bobbin
- sewing machine (optional but recommended)
- iron and ironing board
- hemstitching needle
- your preferred sewing equipment: needles, pins or sewing clips, etc.