Schacht Spindle Company proudly manufactures exceptional spinning and weaving equipment that is used by fiber artists and craftspeople around the world. Why should you consider a career in manufacturing? Working in manufacturing keeps you active, has opportunity for growth, and offers a deep satisfaction in creating something tangible by hand. Become made-in-America proud.
We have an opening for a Production Supervisor to lead our production team in completing the manufacturing of parts for our looms, spinning wheels, and accessories.
The Production Supervisor supervises staff covering Woodworker 1, 2, and 3 skill tiers. This staff shares part finishing responsibilities using an oil immersion process.
• Clear communication skills
• People skills
• Confident decision-making
• Ability to act quickly
• Effective planning
• An eye for detail
• Ability to take ownership
• Ability to plan and think strategically
• Coaching and mentoring
• Microsoft Suite/ Excel
• Supervision of others
A plus but not required:
• Millwork experience
• Project management skills
• Product development experience
• Lean manufacturing experience
• Spanish speaking bi-lingual
The responsibilities of the Production Supervisor include:
• Lead, manage and hold accountable assembly team members:
• Direct millwork operations- use of straight-line rip saw, molder and cutoff saw to ensure high quality blanks are available for manufacture
• Coordinate team member tasks to meet and exceed production goals
• Train staff in woodworking methods, tool safety and quality assurance
• Aid in staffing process including hiring, onboarding, evaluation and termination
• Lead and facilitate Production Team meetings
• Manufacture parts as needed
• Coordinate workflow, and tooling bottlenecks based on manufacturing schedule.
• Daily check-ins with Manufacturing Manager, weekly product needs meetings with Manufacturing Manager
• Continually improve manufacturing techniques, tooling needs, and fixturing
• Develop and document production SOP’s
• Supervise inventory management of production materials
Schacht employees are entitled to healthcare and retirement benefits, dental reimbursement, life insurance, paid vacation/ time off, and short workdays on Friday to get to where you need to go before everyone else.
Schacht Spindle Company is a family-owned business that has been based in Boulder, Colorado since 1969.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour