Schacht Spindle Company manufactures renowned spinning and weaving equipment for artisans and craftspeople around the world.
We are looking to hire woodworkers for our production area. Over 2,000 parts go into our range of products and our woodworking staff cuts, shapes, drills, bores, turns, sands, and creates these parts in our 35,000 sq. foot facility.
If you are an entry level woodworker: If you have a desire to learn woodworking and are mechanically-minded, practical, and value producing accurate, high-quality work, Schacht will train you how to operate an array of increasingly sophisticated machines.
If you are a skilled production woodworker: Schacht has opportunities for skilled woodworkers to work with industrial-grade machines that include machinist lathes, 4-head moulders, vertical mills, shapers and 3-axis CNC machines, among others.
Part-time positions are available, with flexible schedules.
- Pride in producing very accurate work
- Attentive to detail and ability to notice flaws and errors
- Good dexterity
- Able to meet the physical demands of working in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient mathematical skills to be able to work with fractions and decimals
- Consistently follows production, health, and safety protocols
- Desire to work cooperatively with a diverse team of talented woodworkers
Both full-time and part-time work is available.
Compensation: Starts at $16 and varies according to experience