Millwork/ Material Handler
Schacht Spindle Company proudly manufactures exceptional spinning and weaving equipment that is used by fiber artists and craftspeople around the world. Why should you consider a career in manufacturing? Working in manufacturing keeps you active, has opportunity for growth, and offers a deep satisfaction in creating something tangible by hand. Become made-in-America proud.
We are looking for a millworker/ material handler to be a critical link in our team who can keep our shop operating smoothly by managing the flow of materials through our facility and milling raw lumber to tight specifications for use by our CNC operators and other skilled woodworkers.
If you hold yourself and your work to high standards, we will train you how to assemble our high-quality products.
Operation, and Upkeep of Straight-Line Rip Saw
- Review of Millwork Orders and Communication with Supervisor on Priority and Schedule
- Acquire Materials for Rip List
- Accurately Rip Materials to Correct Size in Correct Quantities
- Properly label, band and store all material (both ripped and raw) at end of job
- Maintain Lubrication, saw blades, and general condition of saw
Operation and Upkeep of Wiening Molder
- Review Material Needs list for accuracy and efficient operation of the Molder
- Acquire Materials
- Accurately, Safely, and with conservation of machine in mind, setup and operate the Molder
- Check Material at the start, during and at the end of run for accuracy and quality
- Properly label, band and store all material at the of your job
- Maintain Lubrication, blades, and general condition of the molder
- Maintain inventory of molder blades, tools, and necessary molder supplies
- Maintain Organization, FIFO, and overall tidiness of the large and small barn, sheet goods/Champeau Shelving, and Millworks Area
- Perform inventory of materials as requested
- Assist in loading trucks
- Unload deliveries of materials and supplies as needed
- Properly store deliveries upon unloading
- Acquire materials from barns for general use in manufacturing and Mirrycle
- Communication with shipping, Mirrycle, CNC, and manufacturing staff about material needs
- Production of parts as needed or when millwork/material handling responsibilities have been completed
- Cut off of material for parts production
- Enjoy using their independence and initiative
- Show pride in their ability to mill materials to close tolerances
- Can be patient and wise while adjusting and operating complicated and powerful machinery.
- Possess physical strength to move boards weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Are methodical and organized.
- Can work cooperatively with the rest of the talented staff.
- Can read Calipers and a ruler to 1/32nd of an inch.
- Forklift Certification
Schacht employees are entitled to healthcare and retirement benefits, dental reimbursement, life insurance, paid vacation/ time off, and short workdays on Friday to get to where you need to go before everyone else.
Schacht Spindle Company is a family-owned business that has been based in Boulder, Colorado since 1969.
Full-time positions available
NOTE: Research suggests that women and BIPOC individuals may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage anyone who believes they have the skills and the drive necessary to succeed here to apply for this role.