Tools for Schools Grant Application
To celebrate our 50th anniversary, we established a grant program of up to $3000 for 501(c)(3) organizations and schools with tax-exempt status to help them purchase weaving and spinning equipment. Schools or other educational organizations can use this grant to start a weaving or spinning curriculum or invest in new equipment for an ongoing program.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants PLEASE READ:
- Please provide as much detail on desired equipment as possible (weaving width, reed preference, etc.).
- We ask that applicants provide at least one specific project that will be completed with the grant equipment. Oftentimes this equipment is used for ongoing projects, classes, programs, etc. If this is the intended outcome, please provide that information, and give us a specific project for evaluation.
- Schacht Spindle Company offers a total of $3,000 in equipment that may be awarded to a single school or distributed between several. Please provide a list of required equipment for your program. If extra funds are available, please also provide any additional equipment you wish to include.
- Applicants must complete all parts of the application.
- Applications must include a 501(c)(3) certificate or a public school tax exempt number.
- Applications are due March 1 of each calendar year. Recipients are announced April of the same year.
- Schacht employees are not eligible to participate.
- Applications must be from programs in the United States.
- Applicants shall be required to sign a letter of agreement before the equipment is awarded.
- The applicant agrees to use the awarded equipment for at least 5 years.